Monday, February 17, 2014

Scallops and Couscous

We bought some patagonian scallops a while back and the kids were begging for them.


I really didn't do anything special.  I cooked them in a skillet with some butter and garlic.


Mike and I love couscous and I can eat it without it blowing up in stomach like rice would, which is a HUGE no no in the weight loss surgery world. I can eat one piece of sushi and be done.  I got some garlic and herb couscous at Aldi and I added some corn, red bell pepper and a jalapeno with no seeds.


The kids won't eat couscous so I made them some macaroni and cheese.  I thought it was a great dinner and everyone was happy.  Except for........


the cutting board which met its demise.  I had it on a corner of the stove I was not using and I turned on the wrong eye and was wondering why my broth wasn't heating up for the couscous.....well, it's because I was trying to cook the cutting board.  Yeah, it melted to the eye.  BUT we do have a glass top stove and once the melted plastic cooled, I was able to scrape it off the stove.  The house stunk.  Good dinner though!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!