I don't normally post these kinds of deals unless I've really done good. I do love my coupons. However, I don't really care for Walmart, although they have good prices on most everything nor do I like taking my kids to Walmart. It takes twice as long to do what I need to do. I decided to go at lunch today because I wasn't buying anything that would perish in the heat of my van. I was really prepared for this trip and I went to a new Walmart that looks like a department store. It's pretty nice. Anyway, this is a breakdown of my trip.
1 Suave Professionals Shampoo (coupon for a free bottle)
1 Box Cheerios (1 $1/2) - pd 1.92
1 Box Chocolate Cheerios (1 $1/2) pd 2.74
1 Cascade dishwashing detergent
2 packs of Hidden Valley dry mix
1 Magic Eraser
1 Peach Fruit Chiller (1 $1/1) pd 1.00
4 Boxes of Tic Tacs (2 B1G1)
3 cans rotel (1 $1/3) pd. .66 each
1 Taco seasoning packet
1 Good Life Cat Food (1 $1/1)
1 Reynolds foil
1 Minute Rice (1 .50/1) pd 1.28
1 Scrub Sponge (1 .50/1) pd 2.04
1 Juicy Juice boxes (1 $1/1) pd. 1.88
1 Kraft Homestyle Mac & Cheese (1 $1.50/1) pd. .50
4 Nivea Cool Body Wash for Men (4 $3/1) all FREE
1 bottle Hidden Valley Ranch
1 Bottle French's mustard (1 .50/1) pd. .87
1 Shave Cream
1 Schick Hydro 3 blade (sent off my rebate for 6.47)
1 Venus Spa Breeze Razor (1 $2/1) pd 6.44 (I hate buying these, but I love them)
1 Windex all purpose cleaner (1 $1/1) pd. 2.68
Before coupons + tax - $95 and change
After coupons + tax - $65.37!!!
I was definitely doing the happy dance at the cash register today! Don't be a hater!
Monday, June 28, 2010
- Take the kids to daycare. I'm paying for it, they are going!
- Stop by Dunkin Donuts (the only one in Alabama) and get some coffee!
- Take a nap
- Watch trash TV
- Play on the internet and blog about what a fun unproductive day I'm having!
- Take another nap
- Fold some laundry that is piling up on my couch and put it away.
- Organize my desk area
- Play on the internet more
- More than likely, none of the above other than sleep all day!
It's time for another installment of Monday Minute with Ian and his cohost, Jana, from Boobies, Babies, and More!
Has anyone you've known personally lived to at least 100?
No, but my great-grandmother lived to be 93!
What material possession do you value the most?
My scrapbooks. I've worked really hard over the last 12 years to document our lives through pictures for my girls to have one day instead of just boxes of pictures. I would kill for them!
What do you think happens to us after we die?
As a Christian who has accepted Jesus has my personal Savior, I know that I will spend eternity in Heaven.
Most embarrassing item in your house?
Probably the pile of laundry on our couch that needs to be folded and put away!
If you could rename yourself, what would your name be?
I don't think I would. I have a famous name! You've got Mona Lisa, Lisa Marie (Presley), and Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam!!
Thursday, June 24, 2010
To my friends husband - TYVM for breaking her heart into a million pieces - you will get what's coming to you.
To Susan, my mother in law - TYVM for everything you do for me, Mike and the girls - you go above and beyond.
To Mom - TYVM for always being there for me and not killing your first born (me) when you had every right to.
To my fellow cop wives - We are a special group of women who stand by each other in tough times and good times, TYVM.
To the maker of Cheeze Its - TYVM for your little salty squares of cheesey delightfulness!
To our Military - TYVM for everything you do!
To Walter and the gang at Nino's - TYVM for making the yummiest italian food and you have our vote for friendliest staff!
Last, but certainly not least, to my wonderful husband - TYVM for loving me, despite the fact that I don't always put my shoes in the closet or hang up my towel after showering. :-)
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
Linking up with Ian over at The Daily Dose of Reality for today's Monday Minute!
1 - Have you ever had any feelings towards one of your teachers back in the day?
No, but when I was in 2nd grade, there was a male teacher who all the girls would giggle over and I thought that was just gross. His name was Mr. Milligan.
2 - What's the most embarrassing thing that happened while at work?
I was leaving for lunch one day and I was looking all cute with my wedge heels on, and the next thing I know, I was on all fours in the middle of the street with one of my knees bleeding like I was 6 years old again and the contents of my purses all around me.
3 - When was the last time you
Oh my gosh....it was probably 3 years ago, I was at walmart with my kids and started to feel the rumble, I left my buggy there, full and left with the kids heading home because I was not about to drag my two kids in the bathroom and walmart and take care of bad business, and about the time I pulled up in the driveway, it happened....that's all I'm going to say about that.....
4 - What is one thing you have always kept a secret and why have you kept this a secret for so long?
can't say....it's a secret
5 - What's your best advice for us habitual coffee drinkers as to not have to poop right after drinking it?
Nothing, when you gotta go you gotta go! My mother has a coffee cup with a cartoon of an old man sitting on the thunder box reading the paper and the caption is "Coffee Gets You Going!"
Friday, June 18, 2010
1. What is your favorite thing about summertime? Nothing really, long evening and pool time. That's it! I live in Central Alabama and the humidity is HORRIBLE!! I don't mind the heat, it's just the humidity. I start sweating the minute I wake up and start moving around. Our power bill is over $200 a month, it's just riduclous. I've begged my husband to move me somewhere way up north!
2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)? No one location will do....I would love to have a top of the line motorhome, pulling our little SUV behind it traveling all over the US and Canada. If not that, then I would like to retire in the upper mid west!
3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in? I wouldn't say the same town exactly, but the same area. I grew up in a suburb just north of Birmingham, Alabama and now I'm living just south of Birmingham. It sucks, I hate it, but this is where I am raising my kids.
4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult? I used to bite my nails real bad, but not so much now, but they do stay short.
5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job? Nothing that I can recall, except I got laid off. You can say I was fired, but it was of no fault of my own, they got rid of my position and they let me stay until I found something else, but that was humiliating!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
What is today? Why it's Thursday.....know what that means? It's Free Therapy Day courtesy of Kmama!!
Dear Big'un (yeah that would be me), THANK YOU VERY MUCH for allowing yourself to be a chunky
butt...I'm tired of being sleepy all the time and just feeling blah. You won't win by the way, just sayin'!
To my 4 year old offspring, is it really necessary to fuss and whine about everything and nothing at all EVERY MORNING? You are slowly sending me over the edge....THANK YOU VERY MUCH !
I think that is all I have to fuss about for now....
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
raining storming here since lunch today. I love summer time thunderstoms...they rock!! My office is so quiet you seriously could hear a pin drop....either everyone is working hard, which obviously I am not, or they are asleep! With the stormy weather, it's probably the latter of the two! My throat is still sore from being sick two weekends ago! I hate that. Mike is home with an upper respiratory infection today. Sure hope he gets to feeling better! One more hour and I'm outta here. Blogger is real quiet today. Wonder what's going on? Anytime I see a video on the oil spill, and the oil that has started washing up on the Alabama Gulf Coast, it makes me cry.
Monday, June 14, 2010
1 - What's the specs of the first computer you owned?
I don't have a clue...I was so excited when my uncle moved in with me for a while and he had a computer nd the internet and I could actually have an email address besides work! Then Mike and I had a computer that his mom gave us, then she bought us another hard drive and we actually just rid of it and we now have two laptops. I don't know specs, I just want to get where I'm going without any problems.
2 - Are you on Twitter/Facebook/etc? If so link it/them up.
I am on Twitter and L.O.V.E. I.T.!!! You can find me at OneAndOnlyLisa. I don't have access to Facebook at work so I can't link up on that one....sorry!
3 - Who's more to blame for the oil mess in the gulf - BP or the Gov't and why?
BP mostly, but it seems like the government isn't trying to help figure out how to get this mess cleaned up. I don't know....but one thing I do know is our beautiful white sand beaches are getting jacked up! Thanks BP!
4 - What's your favorite Dr. Suess book?
The Foot Book - I remember reading that as a kid and I've always loved it.
5 - What did you want to be when you grew up?
An elementary school principal. I love kids and love them see them grow and learn. The only problem, I hated college so I quit....I do have a good job though as a legal assistant.
Friday, June 11, 2010
I find it funny that my high school friends, who were my best friends are not the friends I'm so close to now. I mean we still keep in contact with each other, but none of them are really good friends anymore. Then along comes Lucy. We met each other in 1995. We started working at the same lawfirm that year, I started in May and she started in August, I think.....I was 24 and she was 26. She told me was a little intimited by me at first but then she saw me
busting a move dancing and knew I was one cool chic! We have been friends since that time!
Lucy and I are different yet the same. The best times of my single life was with Lucy. We tore this town up, or it probably really tore us up for about 2 1/2 years! I remember one night in particular, I was a little tipsy, being silly, I see an old flame the tears started pouring and I decided that I needed to pee and I got out of the car and stepped in the brush and stepped into a
river small trickle of water, but I didn't move...I finished my business and came out of the brush with soaked feet! It was funny and we laughed and laughed. Another night that comes into mind was in 1996 at an office Christmas party (you know those are the worse)- I can't remember if Brandi was there then or not, but I remember I had on a black full length dress with a slit up the side, and just imagine how high it was when the night was FINALLY over! Anyway, we tied one on at the party then proceeded to a local pub with some of the attorneys in our office who opened a tab and it was on! A round or two or three of Jagermeister for everyone! I fell out of my chair onto the floor got up and started drinking again. This was the night of all nights.....We also rode with a runner who worked in our office...there were four of us in a two seater! HA!! It was hilarious! Then when the night was almost over, we ended up back at Lucy's house, and I fell off the porch into some bushes (I have a thing for bushes and brush) and we laughed until we couldn't laugh anymore.
Lucy is such a dear friend to me and I don't think there is anything that will ever break our bond. I will write more tomorrow and add some pictures.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Huge thanks to Beth for giving me some inspiration! So here's my list of 30 things I vow to do this summer. Hopefully I can get at 1/2 of them done and work full time! We'll see!!!
- Become closer to God
- Go to water aerobics
- Start eating better
- Have more family movie nights
- Stay caught up on my laundry
- Spend lots of time with friends
- Spend more time at the pool with the kids
- Blog more
- Get caught up on my scrapbooking
- Go to the Farmers' Market every two weeks
- Keep my office area clean
- Play with my Wii Fit more often
- Master the easy level of Crazy Train on Guitar Hero
- Keep the girls toenails painted
- Drink more water
- Declutter the girls' rooms
- Redorate the downstairs bathroom
- Hang more pictures in my house
- Devote one evening to organizing grocery list and coupons
- Get more sleep
- Laugh more
- Add 6 more followers to my blog (help me!)
- Get my self more organized before school starts
- Make sure Sarah is registered for school on time
- Help Maggie start scrapbooking
- Pray more
- Stop coveting my friends who don't work during the summer
- Concentrate more on my job
- Get a new cell phone
- Be more helpful to my friends and family