Monday, October 26, 2009

Last Couple of Weeks....

I feel like such a slacker!  It's been about two weeks since I've blogged!  We've had a couple of really fun events over the last couple of weeks.  If you are from the South, you know how big college football is here.  We (not including myself) are a bunch of crazy redneck fans who will fight for their team even thought we might not have EVER stepped foot on the campus of our favorite school team!!!  I can say that   I have been on Alabama's campus and I have been on Clemon's campus.  Big Daddy and I went to the Clemson/Wake Forest football game.  It just so happens that Big Daddy works with Clemson's Head Coach's brother!  We went to Coach Swinney's house before the game, and his youngest son, brother, sister in law, and mother all rode to he game with us.  It was pretty cool.  We got to park right at the stadium, walked right in, went and had breakfast with the coaches and their families and new recruits.  Then we toured the coaches' offices and met some coaches and their wives. 


Entrance to the Coaches' Office


Big Daddy sitting behind Coach Swinney's desk!

Next, we made our way downstairs to meeting rooms, etc. and the next thing I knew, we were right in front of the weight room and there were some red shirt freshman in there working out.  THEN, here come some players out of the locker room for pregame warmups.  I asked Big Daddy if I could go in the locker room and he laughed and said no.  I have to remind myself, I'm old enough to most of those boys' momma!  That's a hard one to swallow.  We stayed on the field during pregame warmups and it was so cool!  You know these are big ole boys, but you don't realize just how big they are until you are next to them. 



We had 45 yard line tickets which were AWESOME!!!  Alabama is my home team (ROLL TIDE) and it was hard to cheer on another team, but they aren't in our conference, so that made it a little easier!  After they beat the mess out of Wake Forest (38-3), we were able to attend Coach Swinney's press conference and then attended the taping of the Dabo Swinney Show.  It was all just too cool.  I always love to know what happens "backstage" at different events.  My dream job is to work on the set of a TV show or on the side lines of sporting events, even if I was a coffee go getter, that would be fine with me. 


Press Conference


The Dabo Swinney Show

After all that said and done, we were able to FINALLY meet Coach Swinney, I mean, we had already met his kids, wife and mother. 


Coach Swinney, Big Daddy and Me

After all was said and done, Big Daddy and I rode around campus, tried to find something to eat and finally ate at Ruby Tuesday's, we headed back to our little cabin in the woods and fell asleep on the couch while we were watching our own team on TV.  Just a couple of old farts living it up on a Saturday night!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!