Saturday, April 18, 2015

Homemade Granola


Let me just start off by saying that I love granola!  It's a great snack and I love it in yogurt too.  I've been wanting to make my own for awhile and just never did.  My kitchen isn't the best place for baking and such.  I just have no counter space and it gets me frustrated. 



The granola turned out wonderful and I will just make my own from now on since it's so easy!

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped walnuts
3 cups of old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of honey
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon of almond extract

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Pour the oats, salt, brown sugar and walnuts into a bowl and mix it up.
3.  In a small microwave bowl combine the honey and coconut oil.  Heat for 45 seconds and stir to          dissolve the coconut oil.  Add the almond and vanilla extract.
4.  Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture until everything is coated.
5.  Put the oat mixture on a parchment lined cookie sheet
6.  Baked for 5 minutes, remove and stir.  Baked for another 5 minutes and remove from oven.
7.  Pour the granola onto a sheet of wax paper to cool.  After it cools completely, break it up and store      it in an air tight container. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!