Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Best Lemonade


My little Sarah LOVES to make things in the kitchen and I love that she loves it!  She's been wanting some "real" lemonade so I finally decided to give it a try.  I've never done it before.  I'm not a huge fan of all things lemon, so it's never on the top of my list to try.  


I bought a bag of lemons and we squished them and rolled them around to loosen the juice.  
We had recently bought a juicer from Ikea and this is the first chance I've gotten to use it and I loved it!  Sarah loved helping me.


Ingredients:

1-1 1/4 cups of fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup of hot water
4 cups of cold water

Directions:

1.  Roll and squeeze the lemons to loosen up the juice.
2.  Dissolve the sugar in the hot water.
3.  Depending on if you want pulp or not, strain the lemon juice into the sugar water.
4.  Add 4 cups of cold water.
5.  Pour into a pitcher and garnish with sliced lemons.
6.  Sit back and enjoy!  



2 comments:

  1. Yum, this looks great! Thanks for sharing! We just bought a huge mason jar drink dispenser with a spout yesterday, and this looks perfect to fill it with. I found you on the Mom 2 Mom Link-up. Take care! xoxo-Kristine (@www.mywesternnest.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! That will be my next purchase! I want a couple of them! They will be great for the lemonade stand my kids want to do!

      Delete

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!