Thursday, June 21, 2012

Take Me Back Thursday

I totally made that up, but it may be a good post for me to do on Thursdays.  I have some pretty fun pictures of way back when.  The picture quality isn't good, but whatever.  I loved cheering for youth football.  We rocked!  We always had the best girls, some of them went on to cheer in high school.  There was an elderly lady who made all of the cheer uniforms and there were a lot to be made.  I mean you are talking 10-12 girls on each squad, and there probably 8 squads, or could have been more.  Girls from kindergarten to eighth grade.  I remember going to her house to be fitted and there were piles of uniforms in her sewing room with our names and squads pinned to them.  She made the vest, the shirt and pleated skirt.  She did that every year.  I'm sure she passed away long ago because she was pretty old when she was making the uniforms.  I can't even remember her name, but I see her in my mind and I think of her quite often.  I'm weird like that.

I have so many fun memories of cheering for youth football and it wasn't just about football. We went to cheer competitions and we were the best of the best.  We always placed and a few times, we won!  I remember one particular competition, I was the only one who could do the side to side splits instead of the front/back splits.  So, at the end of our cheer, I did a dive roll into the splits, IN THE MUD!  It was cold and rainy that day, I remember it like it was yesterday.  I remember our parents were upset because we were facing away from them and they couldn't see us. I believe that is one did pretty good at.

We had slumber parties at the rec center, us girls were always joined at the hip.  I remember once Lori's parents took me, her and Kim to Burger King or somewhere after a game to get lunch.  Lori is blond headed, Kim is red headed and I'm a brunette.  Someone asked us if we were sisters and that just cracked us up thinking we were sisters. Good times........  I will always cherish this time in my life.  

Circa 1979 or 1980

Stayed tuned or next Thursday's Take Me Back Thursday!  

Peace!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!