Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Back In Full Swing With Big News!

Okay, so I’m back after a little hiatus. I am back with big news too! Over the fall and holidays I made the decision to have gastric bypass surgery. It was a huge decision to make and it was made with a lot of thought. It’s a lifestyle change and the surgery is just a tool to help me lose the weight I need to lose to be healthy for me, my husband and kids. I’m no spring chicken and my kids are young and I need to stay healthy so I can keep up with them. Right now, I’m fairly healthy, but am on the verge being a weight induced diabetic. I’m 42 and it’s just a matter of time before my health starts to deteriorate because of my weight. One of the benefits of losing weight and being healthy is the part where I actually enjoy shopping and sprucing myself up and actually feeling like I look good. Another benefit is I won’t feel like the fat wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, etc that I feel like right now. Most importantly, though, I want to be healthy and I want to be 100% for my family.


Some of the things I dream of as a skinnier, healthier me....running in the early morning hours before the kids get out of bed and before I have to get ready for work, riding bikes with the kids on nice, sunny days, not being tired all the time, I want to run circles around the kids instead of them running circles around me!

So that’s my big news. I am in the process of getting all of my doctor’s appointments made that are required by insurance and my surgeon’s office. We are going on vacation the end of May and I’m hoping to have everything done by the middle of April so my surgeon’s office can submit it to insurance and I can get approved (God willing) and then I’m shooting for the surgery to be mid-late June.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about this too! I hope you get approved!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!