Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Beginnings

The end of the school year has arrived, well last week, and want to know what that means?  It's time for new beginnings.  I see lots of changes around here going to take place, with people and spaces.

Maggie is going into the 6th grade and will be 11 tomorrow.  She's going through big changes too.  Physically and emotionally.  I see fun times in our future.  For her birthday we are going to get her a real good flat iron, my mother is going to get her a real good hairdryer, she started shaving her legs a couple of weeks ago, she is getting her ears pierced and getting contacts.  BIG changes, I'm tellin' ya!  Although school was out last Wednesday, she went on Thursday to try out for a band instrument and she is going to play the french horn.  We are all excited about that!

Sarah will be going into the 2nd grade.  Lawd help us!!!  She had a pretty good year with her ADHD but the last month of school was pretty rough.  She kept getting off task and her teacher kept having to redirect her, which I'm sure can be quite frustrating when you are trying to teach other children.  She has a doctor's appointment in the middle of June and I'm sure they will want to adjust her medication a bit.  She is also heading to get a consultation with an orthodontist.  She has a really bad overbite, since she was born and she is just stinkin' cute!  I'm quite sure she is going to need extensive orthodontic work.

They are both spending the summer at the YMCA.  Maggie is going to volleyball camp right now, then she will also do a babysitting camp and cooking camp.  Sarah is going to do a soccer camp, princess camp and pool games camp.  So far, they are having a good time.  Great for them, not so much for me because I have camp t-shirts, wet towels and wet swimsuits to wash EVERY NIGHT!!!!  Oh well, it could be worse I guess!

I'm also going to use my time this summer to organize my spaces in my house.  I don't have a great place to keep the kids schools paper and important stuff that I need to remember to do.  I am going to reorganize my desk in the downstairs den, put some little storage drawers  and clipboards on the wall.  As I get it done, I will post my progress.  I want to do some crafts I've been putting off and I will post those as I get them done.

I'm looking forward to a great summer!






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!