Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Day In the Life of Me

It's 9:30 p.m. and the kids still aren't settled in for the night.  Well, now they finally are only because I had to say those dreaded words......DON'T. MAKE. ME. COME. IN. THERE!  Now there is silence.

My day begins at 5:15 or so when I jump out of bed and straight into the shower.  I get out and turn on the news and watch it for a few minutes, then fuss with the kids and get them up and in the shower while I'm fixing breakfast and getting myself ready and making sure Sarah's backpack is put together.  They get out of the shower and Sarah has to go through 10 minutes or so of drying off (she hates to be wet) then another 5 minutes of fussing because she is cold even though I put her towel in the dryer to get it toasty warm.  Then I help her get dressed all the while trying to get Maggie get her butt in gear and get dressed.  They eat breakfast, sometimes Sarah eats and sometimes she sits there for 15 minutes.  Then we move on to the mad rush of brushing hair and teeth and putting on sock and shoes. Then comes the bus and off they go to start their day.

SHEW!!!!  Once they leave, I finish getting ready and rush out the door.  Now comes the real fun! An hour drive to work.  27 miles + 60 minutes.  I work all day, not that it's hard, but some of the people I work with can be exhausting.  Then at the end of the work day, it's another long drive home.  As soon as I walk on the door, someone wants something.  I don't even have a chance to change my clothes (I'm still in my work clothes and it's 9:45 pm).  I find something for dinner, which not everyone is ever happy with.  I get the kitchen cleaned up, sometimes I just rinse everything off and put it in the sink.  Do I whatever housework I feel like needs to be done and I make sure homework is done.  Maggie is good about doing hers on her own, but Sarah is a different story, but she is in first grade, so that's just the way it is.  I finally get them in bed between 9 and 9:30 and I finally sit down and try to chill out.  Sometimes I make myself stay up until 11:00 or 11:30 just so I can sit in silence for a bit.

It's starts all over the very next day, same thing every. single. day.  It's like the movie Groundhog Day.  I love that movie!  I am so tired.  I'm ready for a break.  I could use my quiet time to do things around the house I want to do, like organize, clean out, do a craft I've been wanting to start, but nope, I'm just too tired and it's late.  Oh well.  I'm ready for summer, I'm ready for no homework, long nights of the kids playing outside, no hurry to get anywhere.  Oh summer vacation, where are you?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!