Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Morning Schedule

A couple of weeks ago on a Friday, Sarah was farting around in the bathroom while she was supposed to be brushing her teeth and here comes the bus around the corner towards the driveway.  I yelled at her to come on, I ran up the stairs (we have a split foyer and I was by the front door) as she ran down, I grabbed her backpack and threw it to her, she ran out the door and I yelled "Have a good day! I love you!"  After she left, I thought to myself that will NEVER happen again!  I cannot send my kids to school while we are in a crazy panicky state of running around the house not knowing our butts from a hole a ground. 

I decided it was time for a morning schedule.  It should benefit us all.  Mike is already on his way to work by the time the kids get up so it's just me and the girls.  Sometimes that is a good thing since we all get a little crazy sometimes while doing our morning routines.

This is our schedule for the mornings:

  • 4:00-4:15 a.m. - Mom (that's me) gets up and gets showered.  Then I go to the living room and try to wake up while watching the morning news. I get myself dressed, hair done and makeup on by 5:30.
  • 5:30-5:55 a.m. - Kids get up and get their clothes on.  It takes me going back and forth to their rooms a hundred times trying to get them up and dressed while I'm also fixing their breakfast.  The hallway gets a lot of traffic from me.
  • 5:55-6:10 a.m. - Breakfast - I use this time to make sure Sarah's backpack is all together and everything is signed that needs to be.
  • 6:10-6:15 a.m. - Brush hair
  • 6:15-6:20 a.m. - Brush teeth or put on shoes
  • 6:20-6:25 a.m. - Brush teeth or put on shoes
  • 6:25-6:40 a.m. - Maggie gets her backpack in order, Sarah and I put up any "woobies" they have gotten out because they think the house is a meat locker and I put way anything else needs to be put away.  OR the kids can hang out and watch cartoons granted everything is done on time.
  • 6:40 a.m. - Sarah goes to the bus stop with the twins next door, which just so happens to be the end of our driveway.
  • 6:45 a.m. - Sarah heads off to the wonderful world of school
  • 6:50-6:55 a.m. - Maggie and I finish up last minute stuff, like making sure the dog is fed and has water, getting my stuff together, etc.
  • 6:55 a.m. - Maggie and I head out the door and I take her to school and begin my one hour commute to work!
So far, everything has been going good.  No pissing matches in the morning with the girls.  I have not stuck to this minute by minute, but what I'm doing is working.  By the time Saturday gets here, I'm ready to sleep and I have a tendency to nap alot during the day on Saturday. 

So anywho, that's my morning schedule! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!