Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Favorite Things - Food Edition

I never know what to blog about so sometimes I depend on fellow bloggers like Kmama to get my thoughts going!  You should definitely check out her blog!!!

  • Dessert: Cheesecake - I used to love getting a german chocolate cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory but they quit making it and I've moved on to Stefanie's Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake.....Mike had a variety of cheesecakes for his grooms cake and it was hit!
  • Mexican food. I like it simple, flour tortillas and cheese dip.  I tear the tortillas in strips, roll them up and dip!  It doesn't send you searching for a bathroom 20 minutes after you've eaten and it doesn't leave you with that gassy bloating feeling. 
  • Italian food. I don't think I've had anything as good as cheese ravioli with spinach and mushroom alfredo from our favorite little italian place called Nino's.  Walter Caron and Eli Gold (the voice of Alabama Football - ROOOOOOOOL TIDE ROLL!) own it together and it's our most fav place ever to eat. 
  • Alcohol: Margaritaville Last Mango with Spite. I first had this drink when I was at Margaritaville in Grand Cayman.  You can't buy it in the States so we ALWAYS bring a bottle home with us!  
  • Wine: I'm a sissy when it comes to wine, if it's too bitter, I won't drink it.  But we do have a local winery that makes some pretty good stuff.  My favorite is the Muscadine wine.  It's sweet, but to much. 
  • Martini: Dirty Dirty Dirty
  • Pizza: Thin crust with lots of veggies.  I'm not big on meat topping on pizza.....ugh.....
  • Appetizer: Spinach and artichoke dip.
  • Fast Food: It would have to be a Chick Fil A sandwich, no pickles add cheese.
  • Side Dish: Homemade macaroni and cheese.
  • Breakfast: At home, a biscuit and bacon will do me just fine but eating out....no doubt hands down Cracker Barrel's wild Maine blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and some turkey sausage.
  • Snack: Chips, preferrably the cheesey kind like Doritos.  I like cool ranch doritos with ketchup....the ketchup adds a little more zip to the already zippy chips! 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!