Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chicken Cordon Bleu Rollups

Just so you know in advance, I'm not creative when it comes to cooking.  Most of the time I can't even follow directions.  I've been known to mix the wrong ingredients at the wrong time, then I just have to wing it.

I really don't get many complaints from my family and I try to make stuff that at least 2 of the 3 will like. Occasionally I will make something that I know the kids won't eat so I have always have something on standby.

I made these Chicken Cordon Bleu Rollups with a side of green beans.  I knew Maggie would eat the rollups, but not the green beans, she had grapes and baby carrots with hers and Sarah tried it, didn't like it, which I kind of figured, she doesn't like "casserole" type stuff. She had a ham sandwich with slices of cheese, grapes and baby carrots on the side.

I thought they turned out really good. I may cook them for 5-10 more minutes next time.  I had some left over meat mixture (see I don't always follow directions) and I put it in the fridge for a weekend night where I can throw some crescents in the oven stuff with that meaty goodness and some cheese and Maggie will have another meal!



This is a mixture of milk, cream of chicken soup and swiss cheese. I honestly did not know you could buy a block of swiss cheese.  Yep, just goes to show you I really know my way around a kitchen and grocery store!


This is chopped ham and chopped chicken with a little of the above mixture to make sure it sticks.



This is after I stuffed the crescent rolls and I spread a little of the milk/soup/cheese mixture on the bottom of the pan, after I sprayed it and then put down my rollups then poured the rest of the mixture on top.  Popped in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


When it came out of the oven!  YUMMY!  I had 1, Mike had 4 and Maggie had 2!  I would say it was a success!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!