Monday, January 2, 2012

Ready For A New Beginning

Thank goodness 2011 is over!  It was a year filled with ups and downs.  I had to have a shunt put in my noggin because of high fluid pressure.  It sounds pretty serious, but it was fairly easy!  No headaches, which is huge and a new hair style!  Since they had to shave my head, I think I'm going to keep it really pixie short and keep the color gray! I think I really like it.  I mean I miss my hair sometimes, but this is sooooo easy!

My mother had gastric bypass in April and found out she had ovarian cancer.  She just finished treatment the first of December, had a CT scan on the 29th and is completely cancer free!  Praise God!  She had lots of ups and downs through out her treatment, the first treatment almost killed her, they changed her meds and treatment got back on schedule but she was staying sicker than she was supposed to so they looked at her gall bladder and they had to remove it, after that, it was smooth sailing with her treatments, well except the normal chemo sickness. But that has all passed and she is on the mend, her and her sweet little bald head.

Anyway, I'm going to try to start blogging again.

Happy New Year to Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You and your family have had quite the year! I hope 2011 is much better for you all! So glad to hear about your mom, that's amazing and I hope she back to her old self here soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!