Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Strobe Lights and Wheelchairs



Courtesy of Rachel

This is my first True Story Tuesday.  I don't know that I've had anything recently TST worthy, but digging back in this ole memory of mine, I remembered something....

My in-laws live in West Bay, Grand Cayman.  Me, Big Daddy and the girls went down there last year right after Christmas and were there New Years Eve.  As you know, Grand Cayman is British and they drive on the left side of the road, totally freaked me out when we first got there. I thought we were going to be in a head on collision. On NYE, we went to dinner right on the water and on our way home, we are buzzing down the road and I see a strobe light coming toward us and oh my goodness, it was a guy in an electric wheelchair doing probably 15 miles an hour coming straight toward us.  As he's getting closer to us, Big Daddy's step dad yelled out...THAT WAS LARRY FLYNT (Hustler Magazine)!!!!!!   He is such a foul human being, but I sure did get a kick out of seeing that idiot with his wheelchair and strobe light!  By no means was I star struck, just thought it was hilarious!  



4 comments:

  1. LOL That would be a funny sight! I would get totally confused on the left side of the road thing. I don't think I could drive there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How random that he was cruising the roads in his wheel chair with a strobe light. Honestly I didn't think he was still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can't my in-laws live somewhere cool like that? Great story! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That just got funnier and funnier! First the freaking out about driving on the left, then a wheelchair with strobe lights? And the punch line was just totally random, LOL!

    WOW... I don't think I can top that!

    Thanks for joining up!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will read and respond to every one of them!